Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
More Great Links
- Associated Press. "Get ready to 'see the air.'" April 8, 2008. http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/icons/news/story?id=2948812
- Broadcast Engineering. "NBC Sports relies on unique camera deployments for NASCAR Brickyard 400 shots." Aug. 13, 2004. http://broadcastengineering.com/newsrooms/nbc-nascar-cameras-20040813/
- Clarke, Liz. "While NASCAR Takes Stock, Racing's Popularity Wanes." Washington Post. Nov. 4, 2007.http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/11/03/AR2007110300986.html
- Englehart, Megan; Media relations, SPEED network. Telephone interview. Nov. 17, 2008.
- Finn, Natalie. "Logistics Fuels Need for SPEED; Coverage Setup Rivals Super Bowl (Special Report: 10 Years of Speed)." TelevisionWeek. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-145399526.html
- Fox Sports. "NASCAR on FOX unveils new 'Hollywood Hotel' prerace set this weekend at California Speedway." Feb. 23, 2007. http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar/story/6492452/NASCAR-on-FOX-unveils-new-'Hollywood-Hotel'-prerace-set-this-weekend-at-California-Speedway
- Livingstone, Seth. "NASCAR broadcast plan shifts to high gear." USA Today. Feb. 15, 2007.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor/nascar/2007-02-15-broadcasts_x.htm
- Long, Dustin. "DW's state of the sport address; Darrell Waltrip speaks out on bumping, rooting, brotherhood and the season." The News & Record. March 22, 2003. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-3404310_ITM
- Motl, Eddie; Publicist, FOX Sports Communications. E-mail interview. Nov. 19, 2008.
- Mulhern, Mike. "Pleased: TV executives love NASCAR's ratings." Winston-Salem Journal. June 8, 2008.http://www2.journalnow.com/content/2008/jun/08/pleased-tv-executives-love-nascars-ratings/
- NASCAR. "Eight-year, multi-network TV deal announced." Dec. 7, 2005. http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/official/12/07/tv_deal/index.html
- NASCAR on Fox Sports.http://msn.foxsports.com/nascar
- Official NASCAR Web Site.http://www.nascar.com/
- Patsuris, Penelope. "NASCAR Pulls Into Prime Time." Oct. 7, 2003. Forbes. http://www.forbes.com/2003/10/07/cx_pp_1007nascar.html
- Spoor, Mark. " ESPN/ABC unveils NASCAR broadcast team." Oct. 13, 2006. http://www.nascar.com/2006/news/headlines/cup/10/12/espn_team/index.html
- Sports Business Journal. "Executives within NASCAR discuss issues, predict change in roundtable discussion." Nov. 11, 2008. http://www.scenedaily.com/news/articles/sprintcupseries/34280639.html
- Telemetrics Inc. "ESPN Keeps NASCAR Broadcast Operations on Track." (Nov. 16, 2008) http://www.telemetricsinc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=12:nascar-espn-case-study&catid=5:case-studies&Itemid=16
- Triplett, Kevin; Vice president of public relations at Bristol Motor Speedway. Phone interview. Nov. 13, 2008.
- Wilkie, Jim. "The last ones to leave and the first ones to show up." ESPN. April 8, 2008.http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/icons/news/story?id=3009861