1993 Ford Taurus SHO sedan.
See more pictures of classic cars.
Ford did more than just drop in an automatic transaxle. The automatic SHO had a slightly larger engine than the manual version. The extra torque of the larger engine mated better with the automatic transmission. The suspension was also slightly softer for the automatic cars.
Automatic or 5-speed, the SHO was still one of America's best sport sedans.
Pluses of the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO:
- Available automatic transmission
- Faster than a similar vintage BMW 535i 0-60 (under 7.5 seconds)
- Plenty of amenities
- Revvy yet tractable engine with strong mid-range pull and primo sounds
- Secure, stable front-drive handling and grip
Minuses of the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO:
- Heavy-handed five-speed
- Low-buck metal dash/door trim
- Too new to predict ultimate collectibility
Production of the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO:
Specifications of the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO:
Wheelbase, inches: 106.0
Length, inches: 192.0
Weight, pounds: 3,131-3,118
Price, new: $23,889-$25,140 (U.S.)
Engines for the 1992-1995 Ford Taurus SHO:
|Type||Size ||Horsepower ||Years |
|dohc V-6||182 cid ||220 ||1992-1995|
|dohc V-6||195 cid||220||1993-1995|
Want more information about classic cars? See:
- Classic Cars
- Ford Muscle Cars
- Muscle Cars
- Sports Cars
- Consumer Guide Auto
- Consumer Guide Auto Used Car Search