Lots More Information
For profiles, photos, and specifications of other Shelby cars, see:
- Shelbys were always the most charismatic Mustangs -- and with the 1967 Shelby GT 500, they finally got some muscle car power.
- Even with a 335-bhp 428-cid V-8, the Mustang-based 1968 Shelby Cobra GT 500-KR wasn't really King of the Road -- it just acted like it.
- The 2007 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 is the most powerful Mustang to ever roll off a factory production line.
- The Ford Shelby GR-1 is a throwback to the 1964 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe, with one notable difference: It packs better than 600 horsepower.
For profiles and photos of other high-priced sports cars, check out:
- The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren blends Formula One racing technology with Mercedes engineering. To learn about this $500,000 sports car, read How the Mercedes SLR Works.
- With a price tag in the $1.2 million range, the Bugatti Veyron is considered by many to be the most dazzling production car on the planet. Read How the Bugatti Veyron Works to find out about this exquisite machine.
For more cool information about high-performance cars, go to:
- Muscle cars came in many shapes and sizes. Here are features on more than 100 muscle cars, including photos and specifications for each model.
- Muscle cars created their own culture. To learn about it, read How Muscle Cars Work.