Lots More Information
Indian automaker Mahindra introduced the Roxor to the U.S. in March. HowStuffWorks talks to the company about the Roxor and what makes it so cool.
Author's Note: 10 Worst Cars of the 20th Century
On Wednesdays, there are about a half dozen old guys who get together in my neighborhood to have lunch and talk about cars. And even though I am a young(ish) woman, I get a pass to come to lunch, too. So I asked them, "What's the worst car?" I filled two pages of my notebook with their suggestions, some of which (like the Henry J) ended up on this list. But some of their answers weren't as helpful, even if they were hilarious: "Any Cadillac from 1982 to 2010, especially the one I had." Or, "Ask Paul. He keeps buying them." Or, "Any kit car -- especially Cobras! Make sure you put that in there." They may not be a reliable source, but these guys are a reliable starting point. Far more reliable than the cars on this list -- or any of Paul's cars.
- Childs, David. "Doctor Werner Lang: Engineer who designed the Trabant car." The Independent. July 7, 2013. (Sept. 25, 2013) http://www.independent.co.uk/news/obituaries/doctor-werner-lang-engineer-who-designed-the-trabant-car-8693630.html
- Edsel Owners Club. "History" EdselClub.org. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.edselclub.org/history.html
- Highway One. "The 10 worst cars sold in America." Los Angeles Times. July 30, 2013. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.latimes.com/business/autos/la-fi-top-ten-worst-cars-pictures-new,-2011,1447925.photogallery
- Huffman, John Pearley. "How the Chevy Vega Nearly Destroyed GM." Popular Mechanics. Oct. 19, 2010. (Sept. 25, 2013) http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/news/vintage-speed/how-the-chevy-vega-almost-destroyed-gm
- Jedlicka, Dan. "DeLorean DMC-12." Road Tests and Classic Cars. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.danjedlicka.com/classic_cars/DeLorean.html
- Microcar Museum. "1958 Trabant." (Sept. 25, 2013) http://microcarmuseum.com/tour/trabant.html
- Neil, Dan. "The 50 Worst Cars of All Time." Time Magazine. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://content.time.com/time/specials/2007/0,28757,1658545,00.html
- New York Daily News. "Ugliest cars in the world, from the Pontiac Aztek to the Ford Edsel." NYDailyNews.com. May 23, 2013. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.nydailynews.com/autos/ugliest-cars-world-gallery-1.1352704
- Opposite Lock Blog. "When Sears Sold Cars: The Strange Tale of the Kaiser Henry J." Jalopnik.com. April 7, 2013. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://oppositelock.jalopnik.com/when-sears-sold-cars-the-strange-tale-of-the-kaiser-he-474351403
- Owen, Richard. "Jaguar XJ220." Supercars.net. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.supercars.net/cars/877.html
- Porter, Richard. "Crap Cars." Bloomsbury, NY. Published 2005.
- Roundabout Blog, The. "TopGear's worst cars in the world." BBC. Aug. 19, 2013. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.bbc.com/autos/story/20130819-worlds-worst-cars
- Sass, Robb. "Rust in Peace: 1974-78 Ford Mustang II." The New York Times. May 28, 2006. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.nytimes.com/2006/05/28/automobiles/28RUST.html
- Vaughn, Daniel. "1951 Kaiser Frazer Henry J news, pictures and information." ConceptCarz.com. December 2008. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.conceptcarz.com/vehicle/z16297/Kaiser-Frazer-Henry-J.aspx
- Yardley, William. "Roy Brown Jr., Edsel Designer, Dies at 96." The New York Times. March 5, 2013. (Sept. 17, 2013) http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/06/business/roy-brown-jr-edsel-designer-dies-at-96.html