The 30,000-mile service is the first major check up on a vehicle. Is it worth the cost? Find out at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Carley, Larry. "Timing Chains & Gears." Engine Builder. Oct. 1, 2007. (Oct. 28, 2009) http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Article/1491/timing_chains_gears.aspx
- Carley, Larry. "Web Exclusive: Gearing Up for Timing Belt and Chain Work." Tomorrow's Technician. March 27, 2009. (Nov. 1, 2009) http://www.tomorrowstechnician.com/Article/47182/ web_exclusive_gearing_up_for_timing_belt_and_chain_work.aspx
- Carley, Larry. "What Goes Wrong With Cars and When." AA1Car Auto Diagnosis Repair Help. 2009. (Oct. 27, 2009) http://www.aa1car.com/library/what_goes_wrong_with_cars.htm
- Carollo, John. "Timing Chain Selection: And a look at 'new' and 'how to.'" Engine Builder. June 1, 2006. (Oct. 28, 2009) http://www.enginebuildermag.com/Article/1225/ timing_chain_selection_and_a_look_at_new_and_how_to.aspx
- Car Talk. "Timing Belt/Camshaft Drive Belt." March 31, 2005. (Oct. 27, 2009) http://www.cartalk.com/content/advice/timingbelt.html
- Ciulla, Vincent. "DIY: Replace Your Timing Belt." All Info About Auto Repairs. (Oct. 28, 2009) http://www.allinfoaboutautorepairs.com/index.php?page=155
- Dempsey, Wayne R. "BMW E30 Timing Belt Replacement." Pelican Parts. (Oct. 28, 2009) http://www.pelicanparts.com/bmw/techarticles/101-Projects-20-E30-Timing-Belt/ 101-Projects-20-E30-Timing-Belt.htm
- Goss Pat. "Timing Belts." MotorWeek Goss' Garage. Season 21. (Oct. 27, 2009) http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/goss/21023.shtml
- Goss, Pat. "Timing Belt Trivia." MotorWeek Goss' Garage. Season 27. (Oct. 26, 2009) http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/goss/2703.shtml
- Harler, Curt. "Proper Timing Tips to Get Under Your Belt." Automotive Service Association. Jan. 20, 1998. (Oct. 28, 2009) http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/jan98/mech.htm
- Juran, Kim. "Replacing a Timing Belt: Saturday Mechanic." Popular Mechanics. March 2007. (Oct. 26, 2009) http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/how_to/4212995.html
- Ofria, Charles. "A Short Course on Automobile Engines." Family Car Parts. (Nov. 8, 2009) http://www.familycar.com/engine.htm Torbjornsen, Tom. "Importance of Timing Belts." America's Car Show. (Oct. 27, 2009) http://www.americascarshow.com/Detail.aspx?dct=54&id=2959&mid=1638
- Trottier, Dan. Technician With ASE Certification at Bob's Auto Service Inc. in Saco, Maine. Personal correspondence. Nov. 1-3, 2009.
- Trottier, Dan. Technician With ASE Certification at Bob's Auto Service Inc. in Saco, Maine. Personal Interview. Nov. 2, 2009.