How do I know when my car needs to be realigned? Learn about when your car needs to be realigned at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Top 10 Everyday Car Technologies that Came from Racing
- How Car Computers Work
- How Driverless Cars Will Work
- How Hypercars Work
- How Auto Transport Works
- How Automotive Production Lines Work
- Can you assemble your own car?
- What makes a digital car digital?
- What's new in synthetic oil technology?
- Will car repairs in the future financially cripple you?
- Consumer Reports. "Tires: Big Grippers." Nov. 2007.
- Consumer Reports. "Tire Safety." (10/15/2009)http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=435303
- Department of Transportation. "Many U.S. Passenger Vehicles Are Driven on Under-inflated Tires, NHTSA Research Survey Shows." August 29, 2001. (10/15/2009)http://www.dot.gov/affairs/nhtsa4601.htm
- CarTalk.com. "Car Talk Service Advice: Tire Pressure." 4/29/2005. (10/15/2009)http://www.cartalk.com/content/advice/tirepressure.html
- Magliozzi, Tom. & Ray. "Cart Talk: When to plug, patch or just buy new tires." Seattle P-I. July 11, 2003. (10/15/2009)http://www.seattlepi.com/wheels/130186_talk11.html
- Marinucci, Carla. "Tire gauge pumping up campaign rhetoric." San Francisco Chronicle. August 5, 2008. (10/15/2009)http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/08/05/MN1S124RIS.DTL
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). "Tire Safety: Everything Rides On It." (10/15/2009)http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/rules/TireSafety/ridesonit/brochure.html
- Rubber Manufacturers Association. "Tire Industry Study: Chronological Age Alone Does Not Determine When Tires Are Removed From Service." May 23, 2006.http://www.rma.org/newsroom/release.cfm?ID=185
- Rubber Manufacturers Association. "Tire Maintenance and Safety." (10/15/2009)https://www.rma.org/tire_safety/tire_maintenance_and_safety/tire_and_auto_safety_facts/
- Tire Industry Association. "Passenger Tire Replacement." 2009. (10/15/2009)http://www.tireindustry.org/media/PassengerTireReplacement/Passenger-Tire-Replacement.mov
- Welsh, Jonathan. "What's Inflating Your Car's Tires." Oct. 7, 2009. (10/15/2009)http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704252004574456981150147524.html