The luxurious Porsche 928 matured into one of the world's best grand touring cars.
Porsche's first V-8 production car bowed in Europe in 1977, and came to America the following year. Like the 924, the Porsche 928 broke with Porsche tradition in having a water-cooled front engine. Styled largely by American Tony Lapine, the 928 was burly and luxurious, yet its new all-aluminum 4.5-liter V-8 was as innovative as any Porsche engine.
The pages of pictures and specifications that follow outline this car's evolution from the late 1970s trough the mid 1990s.
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide premium performance cars prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.