1956-1959 Porsche 356A Pictures and Specifications
The second-generation Porsche, the 356A, boasted increased horsepower, improved suspension, and a new four-speed gearbox. The classic Porsche 356A was produced between 1956 and 1959.
Unlike earlier models, the Porsche 356A featured a one piece-windshield.
The Porsche 356A was lauded for its improved handling and tractability.
The Porsche 356A Speedster was a jaunty drop-top classic.
Gold script helped distinguish the potent twincam Carrera GS (Grand Sport).
1956-1959 Porsche 356A Specifications
- $3,700-$3,950 for 1600 models
- Approx. $6,000 for 1956 Carrera
|Length (inches)||Wheelbase (inches)||Weight (pounds)|
| Size (cc)||Type ||Horsepower ||Years |
|1290||ohv flat 4 ||50-71||1956-1957 |
|1582||ohv flat 4||50-75||1956-1959|
|1498||dohc flat 4|| 115-125||1956-1958|
|1588||dohc flat 4|| 121-132||1958-1959|
Check out the complete story of Porsche cars, including these fabulous models:
For more information on Porsche and other exciting cars, see:
- Consumer Guide Porsche new car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Porsche used car prices and reviews
- Consumer Guide Premium performance car prices and reviews
- Ferrari: Learn about hundreds of road and racing Ferraris.
- Muscle Cars: Check out 1960s and '70s American muscle cars.