1971-1975 Jaguar XKE Series 3 SpecificationsThe Jaguar XKE Series 3 V-12 received plenty of criticism for an outdated basic design, but no one could deny the Coventry cat's magnificent V-12 engine. Jaguar sent the beloved XKE out on a note that sounded sour then, but rings pretty sweet today.
Jaguar XKE Series 3 V-12 Specifications
|Number built ||15,290|
|Configuration||Front engine; two-seat and 2+2|
|Body style ||Convertible, 2+2 coupe |
|Suspension, front || Independent with torsion bars|
|Suspension, rear ||Independent with four coil springs|
|Wheelbase (inches) ||105 |
|Track, front (inches) ||54.5 |
|Track, rear (inches) ||53 |
|Overall length (inches) ||184|
Jaguar XKE Series 3 V-12 Engines
|Type ||60-deg. V-12 aluminum block and heads, one overhead camshaft per head, two valves per cylinder|
|Displacement, liters/cc ||5.3/5343|
|Maximum horsepower ||295|
Jaguar XKE Series 3 V-12 Performance
|Best 0-60 mph (seconds)||6.4|
|Best top speed (mph) ||146|
For more on Jaguar and other great cars, see:
- Jaguar Cars: Check out more information on the great sporting cars.
- How Sports Cars Work: Get the lowdown on hundreds of fantastic sports cars from the 1940s to today.
- Classic Cars: Learn about the world's most coveted automobiles in these illustrated profiles.
- Ferrari: Learn about every significant Ferrari road car and racing car.
- New Jaguars: Reviews, ratings, prices, and specifications on the current Jaguar lineup from the auto editors of Consumer Guide.
- Used Jaguars: Reviews, recalls, trouble spots, and more on pre-owned Jaguars starting with the 1990 model year. From the auto editors of Consumer Guide.