1961-1968 Jaguar XKE SpecificationsThe Jaguar XKE was formally introduced to the world at the Geneva auto show in March 1961. Sired directly from the D-Type racing car, the speedy -- and lovely -- XKE instantly sparked a sensation, and yet another sports-car revolution for Jaguar.
Jaguar XKE Specifications
|Number built ||38,410 |
|Configuration||Front engine; two-seat and 2+2|
|Body style ||Coupe, convertible, 2+2 coupe|
|Suspension, front || Independent with torsion bars|
|Suspension, rear ||Independent with four coil springs|
|Wheelbase (inches) ||96 (105 for 2+2) |
|Track, front (inches) ||50 |
|Track, rear (inches) ||50 |
|Overall length (inches) ||175.5 (184 for 2+2)|
Jaguar XKE Engines
|Type || I-6, iron block, aluminum head with two overhead camshafts, two valves per cylinder|
|Displacement, liters/cc || 3.8/3781, 4.2/4235|
|Maximum horsepower || 250, 265|
Jaguar XKE Performance
|Best 0-60 mph (seconds)|| 6.9|
|Best top speed (mph) ||153 |
For more on Jaguar and other great cars, see:
- Jaguar Cars: Check out more information on the great sporting cars.
- How Sports Cars Work: Get the lowdown on hundreds of fantastic sports cars from the 1940s to today.
- Classic Cars: Learn about the world's most coveted automobiles in these illustrated profiles.
- Ferrari: Learn about every significant Ferrari road car and racing car.
- New Jaguars: Reviews, ratings, prices, and specifications on the current Jaguar lineup from the auto editors of Consumer Guide.
- Used Jaguars: Reviews, recalls, trouble spots, and more on pre-owned Jaguars starting with the 1990 model year. From the auto editors of Consumer Guide.