Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Can owning a hybrid car get me an HOV decal?
- How Alternative Fuel Filling Stations Work
- How Exhaust Heat Recovery and Recirculation Works
- How Electric Car Conversion Kits Work
- How Instant MPG Readout Works
- How SmartWay Vehicles Work
- What are the most difficult standards to meet for an alternative fuel car?
- What is my vehicle's air pollution score?
- What is my vehicle's greenhouse gas score?
- What is the emission certification standard?
- Arthur, Dani M. "Will rolling down windows save fuel or not?" Bankrate.com. July 22, 2008. (June 5, 2009) http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20050804a1.asp
- Austin, Michael. "Gas Pains: Mileage Myths and Misconceptions." CarandDriver.com. December 2008. (June 5, 2009) http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/hot_lists/high_performance/features_classic_cars/gas_pains_mileage_myths_and_misconceptions_feature/(page)/1
- Hill, William, et al. "Affect of Windows Down on Vehicle Fuel Economy as compared to AC load." July 13, 2004. (June 5, 2009) http://www.sae.org/events/aars/presentations/2004-hill.pdf
- Motavalli, Jim. "The Air Out There: An Endless Windows-vs.-Air-Conditioning Debate." The New York Times. July 30, 2008. (June 5, 2009) http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/07/30/the-air-out-there-an-endless-windows-vs-air-conditioning-debate/
- U.S. Department of Energy. "Tips for Improving Your Fuel Economy." (June 5, 2009)http://www1.eere.energy.gov/cleancities/toolbox/docs/improve_fuel_economy.doc