Do fuel additives do anything, or are the claims on the bottle just clever advertising? It might depend on your car. Learn more about fuel additives.
Author's Note: Increase Your Car's MPG with Eco-mods
A long time ago, my car had a mod that was, in retrospect, a little goofy. Someone, somewhere on the Internet, found block-off plates so that owners of old VW Golfs and Jettas could remove the passenger side mirror and cover up the mounting spot. Kind of silly, a bit unsafe and not particularly attractive either. But it was European and rare, and so I had to have it. Never mind that for a few years in Europe, a passenger side mirror cost extra money, and that's why these trim pieces even existed. When people asked why I only had one mirror (because it was really weird looking), I wish I'd said it was for aerodynamic improvements so save fuel. I'd have been a trendsetter.
- For Best Gas Mileage, the First Thing to Look at is the Gas Pedal
- How Hybrid System Indicators Work
- How to Use a Pizza Pie Tin to Improve Fuel Economy
- MPG Meters: Why You Should Get One
- Top 5 Green Automotive Gadgets to Help You Save Gas and Save Money
- Ecomodder. "65+ Vehicle modifications for better fuel economy." (July 26, 2013) http://ecomodder.com/forum/fuel-economy-mpg-modifications.php
- Ingram, Antony. "Five Strange Eco-Mods For Getting Maximum MPG." Green Car Reports. May 11, 2012. (July 26, 2013) http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1076137_five-strange-eco-mods-for-getting-maximum-mpg