I have written numerous articles on renewable energy sources, including biofuels. During that time, I have become convinced that no one source of energy will slake our thirst for fossil fuel. Instead, a combination of sources, from solar power to wind energy, to fuel made from plants, offers the best alternative to saving the world from climate change, which we humans have caused. It will take some time to bring down the cost of renewable energy fuel production so it can become affordable to use. I'm heartened that scientists across the globe are working on the problem.
- Biotechnology Industry Organization. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.bio.org/
- Birdlife International. "Cautions to further biofuels development." (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.birdlife.org/eu/EU_policy/Biofuels/eu_biofuels7.html
- Blas, Javier. "Drought stokes debate over biofuel." Financial Times. Aug. 12, 2012. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/12dbb322-e48d-11e1-affe-00144feab49a.html#axzz24vypflsb
- Brune, Michael. "Coming Clean: Breaking America's Addiction to Oil and Coal." Sierra Club Books. 2008.
- Ramsey, John. "Energy from plants. Grass may grow into fuel of the future." Fay Observer. Aug. 20, 2012. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/19/1196815?sac=fo.business
- Science Daily. "Green Driving? Putting Second Generation Biofuels to the Test." June 29, 2010. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/06/100629094535.htm
- Tilman, David and Hill, Jason. "Corn Can't Solve Our Problem." The Washington Post. March 25, 2007. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/03/23/AR2007032301625.html
- Vidal, John. "One quarter of U.S. grain crops fed to cars—not people, new figures show." The Guardian. Jan. 22, 2010. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jan/22/quarter-us-grain-biofuels-food
- World Bank. "Second-Generation Biofuels." August 2010. (Aug. 28, 2012) http://www-wds.worldbank.org/servlet/WDSContentServer/WDSP/IB/2010/08/30/000158349_20100830090558/Rendered/PDF/WPS5406.pdf