Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Is premium gasoline really better for luxury vehicles?
- How does a gas pump know when my tank is full?
- How Gasoline Works
- How Gas Prices Work
- How does oil speculation raise gas prices?
- How Liquefied Petroleum Gas Works
- What's the difference between gasoline, kerosene, diesel fuel, etc?
- How Fuel Cells Work
- What are fuel mapping computers?
More Great Links
- Greenberg, Karl. "Shell Campaign Lauds 'Nitrogen-Enriched' Gas." MediaPost Publications. March 2, 2009. (March 30, 2009) http://www.mediapost.com/publications/?fa=Articles.showArticle&art_aid=101274
- Hadhazy, Adam. "Shell oil company bails on most alternative energy research." Scientific American. March 20, 2009. (March 30, 2009) http://www.sciam.com/blog/60-second-science/post.cfm ?id=shell-oil-company-bails-on-most-alt-2009-03-20
- Reuters. "Shell Rolls Out All-New Shell Nitrogen Enriched Gasolines With Free Fill-Ups." March 6, 2009. (March 30, 2009) http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS104108+06-Mar-2009+PRN20090306
- Shell. "Gunk-Free Answers." (March 30, 2009) http://www.shell.us/home/content/usa/products_services/on_the_road/ gunk_free_nation/live_gunk_free/faqs.html
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. "Gasoline Detergent Additives Enforcement and Recordkeeping Requirements." July 16, 2008. (April 6, 2009) http://www.epa.gov/oms/regs/fuels/additive/fact7gda.htm