1991 Chevrolet Lumina
Models in the 1991 Lumina lineup included (front to back) the
Z34 coupe, the base coupe, and the minivan.
The 1991 Chevrolet Lumina line introduced the sport-oriented Z34 coupe. Base and Euro sedans and coupes were still offered, but the Z34 was the sole recipient of GM's new 3.4-liter Twin Dual Cam V-6, with double-overhead cams, four valves per cylinder, and up to a rousing 210 horsepower.
Other Z34 exclusives included a standard five-speed manual transmission (unavailable elsewhere in the Lumina line), special ground-effects lower body panels, a louvered hood, filled-in grille, rear lip spoiler, and wider 225/60R16 tires. Ordering the optional four-speed automatic dropped horsepower slightly, to 200.
Other Luminas got only minor changes, among them a body-colored slatted grille in place of a black-out grille and softer "touring" tires on Euro models instead of high-performance tires.
was again a 110-horsepower 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine mated to a
three-speed automatic transmission, but the 3,100-pound Lumina was much livelier
when fitted with the optional 3.1-liter V-6 producing 140 horsepower, whether
paired with the three-speed or four-speed automatic. Euro models came standard
with the V-6.
The Lumina Euro coupe returned in 1991.
1991 Chevrolet Lumina Facts
Weight range (lbs.)
Price range (new)
For more picture-packed articles about Chevys and other great cars, see:
- Classic Cars: Learn about more than 400 of the world's finest classic and collectible automobiles.
- Muscle Cars: Look back at tire-smoking Chevys and scores of other machines from the golden age of American high performance.
- Sports Cars: Discover the pleasure of sports motoring at its purest in these captivating articles on the best sports cars from around the world.
- Consumer Guide Automotive: Here's your source for news, reviews, prices, fuel-economy and safety information on today's cars, minivans, SUVs, and pickups.
- Consumer Guide Used Car Search: In the market for a used Chevy or virtually any other pre-owned vehicle? Check out these reports, which include safety recalls and trouble spots.