Introduction to How Cars Work
The car is one of the most fascinating devices that a person can own. Cars are also one of the most pervasive devices, with a typical American family owning two cars.
A car contains dozens of different technologies. Everything from the engine to the tires is its own special universe of design and engineering. Therefore, we have dozens of different articles at HowStuffWorks that explain all the intricacies of our cars.
Here are some of the highlights.
- How Manual Transmissions Work
- How Clutches Work
- How Automatic Transmissions Work
- How Torque Converters Work
- How Convertibles Work
- How Cruise Control Systems Work
- How Fuel Gauges Work
- How Odometers Work
- How Power Door Locks Work
- How Power Windows Work
- How Remote Entry Works
- How Turbochargers Work
- How Turn Signals Work
- How Windshield Wipers Work
For dozens more articles on automobiles see: