Lots More Information
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Car Safety Quiz
- How Airbags Work
- How Crash Testing Works
- Can a car really be death-proof?
- Why is it still necessary to crash test vehicles?
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
More Great Links
- Environmental Protection Agency
- Insurance Information Institute
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety
- National Safety Commission
- CBS News. "Ford Fusion Flunks Crash Test." March 6, 2006. (9/25/2008) http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2006/03/06/business/main1371742.shtml
- Environmental Protection Agency. "Driving More Efficiently." (9/26/2008) http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/driveHabits.shtml
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. "Q&A: Airbags." (9/26/2008) http://www.iihs.org/research/qanda/airbags.html
- Moore, Ron. "Knee Airbag Supplemental Restraint Systems." (9/24/2008) http://cms.firehouse.com/content/article/printer.jsp?id=32423
- Safercar.gov. "Air Bags Safety." (9/25/2008) http://www.safercar.gov/portal/site/safercar/menuitem.13dd5c887c7e1358fefe0a2f35a67789/?vgnextoid=a93be66aeee35110VgnVCM1000002fd17898RCRD