Metal is super reflective, but it might not reflect a stop by the police. Learn if tinfoil on your hubcaps helps bypass police radar at HowStuffWorks.
Related HowStuffWorks Articles
- Car Safety Quiz
- 5 Crash Test Videos
- Top 5 Driving & Safety Videos
- How Airbags Work
- How Traffic Tickets Work
- How Self-parking Cars Work
- How Red-light Cameras Work
- Can a car really be death-proof?
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
- How does a laser speed gun work to measure a car's speed?
- Carley, Larry. "Electronic Brake Distribution: Emerging Technology Offers Service Opportunities." Import Car. Feb. 1, 2009. (Nov. 3, 2009)http://www.import-car.com/Article/46362/Electronic.aspx
- Ribbens, William B. "Understanding Automotive Electronics." Sixth Edition. 2003. Elsevier Science. Burlington, Mass.