If your used car gets recalled, can your still get it fixed? Find out what to do if your used car gets recalled at HowStuffWorks.
Author's Note: 5 Hazards to Watch for When the Roads Start to Thaw
I live in a part of the country that rarely sees winter freezes, let alone thaws. As such, I didn't have much personal experience in how to drive in such conditions, so I actually learned a lot from writing this article. If you live in an area affected by harsh winters, just remember to drive safely and keep your vehicle in proper working order. Or you could move to Texas where you'll never have to deal with any of that, because we consider "cold" to be anything below 50 degrees Fahrenheit (10 degrees Celsius) -- and it generally never rains.
- Top 10 Car Winterizing Tips
- 10 Most Dangerous Distracted Driving Habits
- 5 Things You Can Do to Make Your Car Safer for Driving in Foul Weather
- 5 Common Mistakes You Should Avoid While Driving in the Snow
- 5 Completely Wrong Ways to Drive in the Fog
- 5 Completely Wrong Ways to Drive in the Rain
- How Road Rage Works
- How Crash Testing Works
- MotorTrendCertified.com. "Common spring road hazards." (March 13, 2012) http://www.motortrendcertified.com/article.php?id=800724056
- StreetDirectory.com. "Time for Spring Vehicle Maintenance!" (March 15, 2012) http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/58423/car_repairs/time_for_spring_vehicle_maintenance.html
- Towne, Leigh Anne. "Potholes Already Causing Problems." Fox17Online.com. Jan. 27, 2012. (March 12, 2012) http://www.fox17online.com/news/fox17-freeze-and-thaw-cycle-affecting-roads-potholes-posing-problems-20120127,0,5360692.story
- Washington State Department of Transportation. "Tips for slush driving." Dec. 24, 2008. (March 15, 2012) http://wsdotblog.blogspot.com/2008/12/tips-for-slush-drivinggood-stuff.html
- Virginia Department of Transportation. "Thaw-freeze cycle begins." Jan. 31, 2010. (March 15, 2012) http://www.virginiadot.org/newsroom/lynchburg/2010/thaw-freeze_cycle_begins44850.asp