Lots More Information
Few would argue that being sleep-deprived is more fun than being drunk. But when it comes to functioning and not fun, which condition messes you up more? Read more »
- Top 5 Driving & Safety Videos
- How Cell Phones Work
- How SMS Works
- Is texting while driving really worse than drunk driving?
- Have crash tests ever used live (or dead) human occupants?
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. "Distracted Driving." (Dec. 27, 2011) http://www.aaafoundation.org/multimedia/distracteddriving.cfm?gclid=CPqmnfKctK0CFaQRNAodMgKfmQ
- California Department of Motor Vehicles. "Driver Distractions -- Don't Be a Statistic." (Dec. 23, 2011) http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffdl28.htm
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Distracted Driving." (Dec. 21, 2011) http://www.cdc.gov/Motorvehiclesafety/Distracted_Driving/index.html
- Distraction.gov. "Jacy Good." National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and U.S. Department of Transportation. (Dec. 26, 2011) http://www.distraction.gov/content/faces/index.html#/faces/jacy-good/
- The Economist. "Think before you speak; Distracted driving is the new drunk driving." April 14, 2011. (Dec. 21, 2011) http://www.economist.com/node/18561075
- Geico.com. "Distracted Driving: Tips to Help You Focus on the Road." (Dec. 23, 2011) http://www.geico.com/information/safety/auto/teendriving/distracted-driving/
- Kotz, Deborah. "Driving Drowsy as Bad as Driving Drunk." U.S. News & World Report. Nov. 8, 2010. (Dec. 22, 2011) http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/sleep/articles/2010/11/08/driving-drowsy-as-bad-as-driving-drunk
- Medina, John. "Brain Rules: 12 Principles for Surviving and Thriving at Work, Home, and School." Pear Press. 2008.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. "Wake Up and Get Some Sleep." (Dec. 23, 2011) http://stnw.nhtsa.gov/people/injury/drowsy_driving1/human/drows_driving/
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration. "Distracted Driving." (Dec. 26, 2011) http://www.osha.gov/distracted-driving/index.html
- Pradeep, A.K. "The Buying Brain: Secrets for Selling to the Subconscious Mind." Audible, Inc. November 2010.
- Stoptextsstopwrecks.org. "Stop the Texts. Stop the Wrecks." (Dec. 27, 2011) http://www.stoptextsstopwrecks.org/#facts
- Teen Driver Source. "Distracted Driving." Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Research Institute. (Dec. 28, 2011) http://www.teendriversource.org/more_pages/page/distracted_driving_/support_gov?gclid=CKmguuKctK0CFUOo4AodBFaLmQ
- Watson, Jason M. and Strayer, David L. "Supertaskers: Profiles in extraordinary multitasking ability." Psychonomic Bulletin and Review. 2010. (Dec. 27, 2011) http://www.psych.utah.edu/lab/appliedcognition/publications/supertaskers.pdf
More To Explore