The 1954 Corvette featured only detail changes from the previous year. These slight but significant changes included a new camshaft, new rocker-arm cover, and improvements to the convertible top mechanism. Here are the specifications for the 1954 Corvette:
For the 1954 Corvette, the workaday Blue Flame six was fitted with triple
carburetors to become the Corvette Special Six. The extra carbs plus some
internal changes boosted horsepower from 115 to 150.
| Vehicle Specifications||Convertible |
| Length, inches||167.0|
| Width, inches||72.2 |
| Track, inches||front: 57.0 rear: 59.0|
| Height, inches||51.3 |
| Curb Weight, pounds||2,890|
Mechanical Specifications (2-door convertible)
front: Independent; upper and lower A-arms, coil springs, antiroll bar, tubular hydraulic shock absorbers
rear: Live axle on semi-elliptic leaf springs, tubular hydraulic shock absorbers
front: 11-inch drum
rear: 11-inch drum
Standard axle ratio
|Displacement, liters/cu inch||3.85/235.5|
|Bore x stroke, inches||3.56 x 3.95|
|Fuel Management||3 Carter sidedraft|
|Horsepower @ rpm||150 @ 4200|
|Torque @ rpm, pound-foot||223 @ 2400|
Vehicle Production and Base Prices
| Car Type||Production||Price |
|2-door convertible||3,640||$2,774.00 |
Options and Production
|Option||Production ||Price |
|Heater ||3,640||91.40 |
|AM Radio, signal seeking||3,640 ||145.15|
|Whitewall Tires, 6.70 x 15||3,640|
|Powerglide Automatic Transmission||3,640||178.35 |
|Parking Brake Alarm||3,640||5.65|
|Courtesy Lights||3,640||4.50 |
|Windshield Washer ||3,640||11.85 |
Color Choices and Production
| Color Choice||Production|| Color Choice||Production |
|Polo White||3,230||Pennant Blue||300|
Learn about other Corvettes in this generation:
Looking for more information on Corvettes and other cars? See:
- Corvettes: Learn about the history behind each model year and see Corvette photographs.
- Corvette Specifications: Get key specifications, engine and transmission types, prices, and production totals.
- Corvette Museum: The National Corvette Museum draws Corvette lovers from all over the world. Learn more about the museum.
- Corvette Pictures: Find pictures of the hottest classic and current-year Corvettes.
- Muscle Cars: Get information on more than 100 tough-guy rides.
- Consumer Guide Corvette Reviews: Considering a Corvette purchase? See what Consumer Guide has to say.